Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles


I saw this on DVD just recently. This is a well made film and is certainly worth a rent for an afternoon of getting your fantasy geek on. It's got good effects and it isn't light on being a little dangerous. The only downfalls to it are the two boy actors whose inexperience on screen really make it tough to champion them and the sister who as a character is so annoying. The story is taken from a children's series for young readers and it shows. I have no involvement or much care for the 'plot' nor the hokey mom doing what's best for her kids even if they hate her because dad is a womanizing jerk that has no cares for his kids once they are out of sight and out of mind subplot. Yeesh. That said though, it's a decent laundry movie.

I give Spiderwick Chronicles a 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Eddie, I wonder if I could just stop by and suggest a book to read, to see if you like it? If you enjoy fantasy, then you might like "Outcasts Of Skagaray". You can preview it free by reading sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting. If you read and enjoy the book, I would be glad to hear what you have to say. Best wishes, any way.