Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

So this is my first review post. Ever. Big deal huh?

Brittany (my wife) and I went to go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall on Sunday. Interesting Movie. This was an infamous Judd Apatow (Superbad, 40 year old virgin, Knocked up) movie. I wouldn't necessarily say it was done in his typical fashion though. It was produced by Apatow, but actually written and directed by other people.

The movie was based on a script written by Jason Siegel, the main character in the film. Tall, Akward, and huge wang? Yeah that's him. Oh I'm sorry, you didn't wanna hear about his penis? Too bad. It's in the movie. Brace yourself. I didn't. And that was a mistake.

Anyways, all penises aside, the movie was a good flick. Fairly dry humor in my opinion, which I'm slowly becoming a fan of. Definitely thought it had somewhat of an 'Office' feel to it. Almost even seemed kind of slow, but at the same time not. It doesn't make sense, I know. I think it was actually because of the acting style of Siegel (main character). The premise of the movie is that Siegel's character gets dumped by Sarah Marshall (girl who's in Veronica Mars) and she is actually a TV star in this movie too. He goes to Hawaii to try to rid of his mind of her, and lo and behold, she's in Hawaii too! go figure. Had she not been there, then Siegel would've written quite the shi**y script haha. But seriously.

Jackie from 'That 70's Show' is also in it as well, playing a slightly different, more mature, and older character in this movie. Also in this movie is a guy I've never seen, who plays a British Pop Star with far too much Sexual Education. The chemistry between all the characters was unbeatable though. Partly awkard, partly way too comfortable.

Get ready for some sexual awkwardness, some laughs, some love, and some penis.

I give it 4 of 5 stars. Recommend it for a date with someone who's not easily offended.

-Justin

No comments: